Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ten Questions With A Cool Person: Jona Weinhofen (Bring Me The Horizon/ I Killed The Prom Queen)

Welcome to yet another installment of TQWACP. This week however, will be a little different. You see, Jona sent back the interview but left out a question and couldn't get back to me in time, so this week we'll have to do nine questions... sorry.

Jona Weinhofen is a veteran of sorts when it comes to banding. He started off with I Killed The Prom Queen in 2000. After vocalist Edward Butcher left the band in 2007, IKTPQ called it a day and it was a round then when he got offered to play for Bleeding Through, he accepted the position and rocked on. Then in '09 Curtis Ward of Bring Me The Horizon gave up his position i the band leaving yet a space to be filled. Jona was invited to fill in for a while and ended up becoming a permanent member.

Much to my delight, I Killed The Prom Queen have announced that they are back! Jona is now manning 2 positions playing for IKTPQ and BMTH, which is pretty damn impressive if you ask me.
This is what he had to say!

Cadillac (C): Coolest place to play - Australia, USA or Britain?

Jona (J): There are cool places to play all over the world but they're all cool for different reasons. For example; we have great shows in places like Chicago, LA, New York and Detroit in the USA, but I've also played great shows in Manchester, London in the UK and I love touring everywhere in Australia. If I had to compare all three I'd say Australia is my favourite. Its my home country, I love it and miss it and it is great to see so many friends when I tour there.

C: What was your first tattoo?

J: A dagger on my shoulders that appears to cut through my neck which I got done when I was 19.

C: Is it still visible? 

J: Yep, and I still love it!

C: What is the best vegan meal you have ever had?

J: There have been too many. But at the moment my favourite place to eat is the Veggie Grill in Southern California. Its an all vegan burger place which also serves meals like mac 'n cheese and cakes. Their Santa Fe crispy chicken burger is mindblowing!

C: What is usually the first thing you do in your free time?

J: Check my email and Facebook! How boring is that? I also like riding my bike on tour and watching Star Trek Voyager and other nerdy tv shows.

C: You've done stints all over the world as a guitarist. What bands do/did you enjoy playing in most?

J: I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in all 3 bands. They have all had their ups and downs but I've learnt a great deal from all 3 bands and wouldn’t trade my time with any of them for anything in the world!

C:  What did you tell your teachers you'd be when you grow up?

J: Probably a rockstar or entertainer of some kind. Haha. How fitting! I don’t think they believed I would be successful. I went to a fairly shitty school where the teachers didn’t appear to care too much about the students. If only they could see where I'm at now and that I had the last laugh!

C: What do you love most about what you do?

J: I love travelling and I love that I get to play guitar for a living to people who actually love my music and performances! I also love that I have met really cool people all over the world and am proud to say I have close friends in almost every country I've been to. If I ever wanted to travel there independently I'd have people to hang out with and stay with.

C: What will you do when you're too old to tour?

J: Probably manage bands or book tours. I've already done both part time whilst playing in bands and it’s a natural progression I can see myself going into. I still have a few years left in me yet though!


You read it! Check out I Killed The Prom Queen and Bring Me The Horizon's websites/ social media sites to keep up with all the happenings. Until then, Enjoy the videos!






image: http://s1002.photobucket.com/albums/af145/LolPowerRanger/?action=view&current=jonadropdead.jpg&sort=ascending

3 comments:

  1. when you gonna do oli? when you do tell him i think he's a hottie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BMTH rocks my socks! \m/

    ReplyDelete