Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ten Questions With A cool Person: Eric Morotti (Blind Witness/ Killitorous)

So I am trying to keep this thing as regular as I can... but it can be difficult to get hold of cool people.But this cool person was legendary on the communication front.
Ever since Blind Witness smashed their noise into my ears I have taken notice of this guy. He is one of my favourite drummers and one of the friendliest looking dudes I've ever seen. He was kind enough to answer ten awesome questions for us all, so have yourself a read and get to know about this awesome person!

Ladies. Calm down...

Cadillac (C): I've seen your videos, I've heard your bands, you shred! If drums had to magically be erased from the Earth, what would you be doing?

Eric Morotti (EM): Not much... haha. If drums were gone I guess I would just be skateboarding, or being normal, get a job, and all that jazz!

C: What is the one show/festival/tour you have to play before you die?
EM: Death Metal Europe tour with Lady Gaga! Haha.

C: How does it feel to tour with bands you grew up listening to?
EM: It's awesome of course! But you start to notice that they're all just people like us. But it is cool to share the stage with bands like Alexisonfire, who was an inspiration for me when I was younger, or being in the studio and having Dino from Fear Factory come in and check out the tunes is pretty awesome!

C: When you joined Blind Witness the sound changed in a great way. Was that mostly due to your handy work?

EM: Yes and no. Haha. I just showed the other members a different way of writing, different time signatures, poly rhythms and the proper way to blast and what not. They were kinda stuck in the metalcore style, and I brought out more of the deathmetal style because thats what I'm all about!

C: Tequila or bong?

EM: Vaporizer! Hahaha. But bong for sure! I don't drink.
C: How any questions about blasting have you answered?

EM: Haha. A LOT! It's always the first thing someone asks...

C: How are you enjoying your time with Killitorous?

EM: Killitorous is the shit! It's a band with all of my best friends and we just jam out and grind! Im really enjoying my time with these lads to say the least!

C: South Africa is slowly becoming a new on-the-way stop-over between Australia/Asia and the US. Have you considered it? We have great whites and lions...

EM: Hahahaha! Fuck sharks, man! They scare the poop right outta me. But of course, I would love to come to South Africa, man. I've only heard really good things of your beautiful home, and I very much look forward to blastin' in South Africa!

C: What's your favourite place in the world? Ever.

EM: Home.

C: Where to next for Eric Morotti?

EM: Always up to something! Haha. But big news for sure. I'm talking with Trevor Phipps and Buz McGrath if Unearth, and we've been working together recently, and we're going to see where it takes us!

Check out Eric's Vaudou Drums short film.

1 comment: