Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Kenney Killed It!

It bums me out a little when I see a musician that owns at his instrument own at a number of instruments. Even more when they top it off with an amazing voice. But as much as it bums me out, it also gets me excited. 

Ben Kenney is best known these days for being the bassist of Incubus, a band that pretty much everyone loves. But before that had a little run playing guitar for hip-hop legends The Roots, as well as doing studio work for people such as Justin Timberlake, Faith Evans and Blackalicous. 

His solo project aptly named, "Ben Kenney" is what really caught my attention. The greatest thing about these albums is that they are properly solo. Kenney plays guitar, bass, drums and even sings. If you had to close your eyes and listen to his voice you might feel as if you're listening to Brandon Boyd singing at times.  

I have found my new favourite thing. Even though he has two first names. I hope it can be yours too.

Check out some clips from his DVD which includes Ben playing his track Wrong in studio. 


No comments:

Post a Comment