Monday, May 16, 2011

Ten Questions With A Cool Person: Jr

Finally! Ten more questions with another cool person.
I must apologise for the slacking, but I will be making an effort to post at least something once a day. Starting from next Friday as I will be away for most of this and next week.



Anyway, this TQWACP is with one of SA bangingest rappers at the moment. Jr himself! You'll know him from his hit "Make The Circle Bigger" and also for winning the Tropika Island of Treasure. I sent him some questions about stuff, as I do, and he answered them! It's always rad hearing from local talent and getting an idea of how things are going in SA. Read up and enjoy.


Cadillac (C): Everyone wants to be famous, did you ever think you'd be?


Jr: Kinda yes... when I was young I was in love with the arts and I really loved drama and music, so it  would’ve been one of the two.



C: When did you decide to perform as Jr?


Jr: I could never make up my mind as to what I wanted to call myself and my dad said I should just keep it simple and carry on with Jr, which I did in 2008.


C: What was it like being stranded on an island with so many people for so long?


Jr: It was extremely fun! There was so much to do and learn with all those crazy characters.


C: Would you be able to do it again?


Jr: For five mil, yeah!


C: How does Jr spend his down time?


Jr: Couch potato!


C: You've been all over SA. Where's the best place to party?


Jr: Any house party in Fresnay, Cape Town.




C: What is your ultimate goal?


Jr: To be the best I can be and establish a powerful media industry.


C: What is the key to being a successful rapper in South Africa?


Jr: Never be normal, you'll look like the next guy...


C: What do you think of the whole music vs the internet thing?


Jr: I think music and the internet are a great pair! Versus creates conflict, instead of synergy. They work so well together when used correctly.


C: How many circles have you made bigger?


Jr: You don't wanna know...


That's Jr for you! Check out the video for "Show Goes On" and get a party started!


1 comment:

  1. "How many circles have you made bigger?" haha! Brilliant. It's because of the thought provoking questions like these that I'm addicted to your blog. XD

    ReplyDelete