Monday, September 21, 2015

I Don't Know, So Here.

For a while I've been a bit bleh about writing. It's not that I have to write, it's because I want to. I just haven't felt strong enough about anything to write about it... but that could also be because I tweet so damn much. That's not to say I feel nothing. Real life has just been cool enough so at least I have that.

I thought I'd share a bunch of stuff that I have grown to learn through my mid to late twenties. I thought that might be a cool thing to write about. I guess it will differ for everyone, but this is by no means a "how to" on life. It's just a bunch of thoughts.
I'd be keen to hear any lessons you've picked up along your way through life. The internet is about being talky, right?

Here goes...

Good people usually attract good vibes and good food.

There's no such thing as a guilty pleasure. 

Red wine is amazing.

Pink wine isn't that bad.

Always eat the food. 

If it's free, smash it. All of it.

Don't try make friends, try keep friends. 

Craft beer really is better than "mainstream" beer, it's just way overpriced.

Two blue ticks doesn't warrant a reply right away.

Exercise. Only because getting out is great and it does make you feel great. Even if it's a one kilometre walk.

Dogs are just as cool as cats.

If you're unsure just go for it.

Use the word "moist" as much as you can.

Office politics is silly.

Try food you think you'll hate. You might just not hate it.

Writing someone a poem can better their day in a big way.

Take selfies. 

Be nice to everyone, even if you dislike them. 

If you put your phone to your ear when listening to voice notes, as you would a phone call, no one will hear your voice note but you.

Try different clothes on.

Fedoras are pretty cool.

Racism will probably never die. 

If you're full, wait a few minutes then eat more.

Someone will always think you're a dick.

Watch every live act you possibly can, you never know what might tickle your fancy.

Always bring biltong on road trips.

The word "narcissist" is very loosely used in this day and age.

Being a poes doesn't get you anywhere.

Show your butt more. We all have one.

Enjoy the small things.

Pink Steri-Stumpie is my favourite flavour.

Time sheets are a thing some of us have to deal with. 

Learning to play musical instruments is the greatest thing I've ever done.

Hashtags are #Awesome.

Not being into politics and reading loads of thought-provoking novels doesn't make you stupid.

Kanye West isn't really a dick, he's just bad at communicating.

Typos happen. 

Some pop music is a lot more intricate than you might thing.

Bird is not the word, nor is grease. They are just words and there is no one word that is the word.

Make lists.

Don't listen to everything everyone tells you.





1 comment:

  1. "Don't try make friends, try keep friends."

    - Gold.

    ReplyDelete