Thursday, August 7, 2014

It's Happened

This is my first blog post from Cape Town. 

It feels like forever but it has only been a week and a day since I arrived in Cape Town. I drove down with my brother over 2 days and we spent some time in town hanging out and doing brotherly things.
It was pretty emo leaving home, as expected, but once we hit the open road and I got my first speeding fine it was all down hill. Literally. 


If you ever drive down to Cape Town and need a place to stay on the way down, don't stay at the Wagon Wheel Lodge in Beaufort West. It looks like a murdery set from an episode of Breaking Bad, and not in a cool Breaking Bad kind of way.
I've spent my last week hunting for a place to live. It's a flippin' mission and estate agents don't do much, really.
I started a new job at a new agency and it's been a productive first week. Nothing worse than joining a job and spending a week or two floating about waiting for someone to find something for you to do. I basically got straight in and am loving every minute of it. 



The Maantin
Of course, I have already stuck my fingers into a musical pie or two. It's like moving to a new town and trying to find a new dealer... I would imagine. Except this is music, some may say it's a drug, once you get that first sweet hit and feel that high, you'll always want more. Or so I've heard from drug users.

I miss my friends and special people back home, but we keep in touch. There are a few extra specials who make extra sure I'm okay. Don't you worry, this lone ranger is just fine.

Walking is the greatest ode of transport and I am abusing that privilege as much as I can. I'm hoping to find an apartment where I can park my car, walk to work and only use it on weekends. Holding thumbs...

I have to give a big internet hug to Ingrid and Gord who have welcomed me into their home for the time being. Also, a huge internet belly scratch to Sakura and Rukia who have kept me warm by owning my bed 24/7. It's the best having cats around!


Rukia/Sakura


Until next time.
Tsek jou mal naaiers!

No comments:

Post a Comment