Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Life As It Is


The past two or three weeks have been far from eventful for me. Aside from a few cool things here and there, nothing has really blown my mind with coolness or increased my love of life. And as one does is these situations, I began to think. I thought of the thing that humans have been trying to answer for millennia: Why are we alive?

I've had some time to think and talk to people, and I have finally come to a conclusion - We live to work and work to live. Yes, some people create amazing things that help humanity and the earth, but the average person has nothing to live for other than making sure they can live.

The "now generation" has been burdened with problems of past generations. It's now up to us to be Captain Planet and save the world - All while we're trying to earn enough money to be able to live and support ourselves, our families and our bad habits.
We have to be the best, and not that that's a bad thing, it's just difficult with the whole world relying on us to make their lives last longer. And why? So they can just not die as soon.
Life is fucking scary. If I had known it would be like this I would have stayed at school for as long as possible. You may be thinking, "Ah, you're just weak". But I'm not. I say this because I have learnt.

Work is this thing we do. We don't really know why we do it. Sure, we may not enjoy it, but even if you do, you work, go home and get some sleep, wake up and repeat. You work to keep a roof over your head. You work to eat. We all love holidays, but we have to work to be able to afford to have some time to yourself. You work to pay for petrol so you can go to work. You're being paid to pay to come to work. You work to be able to afford to pay your medical bills. Life should be free. But it's not... and that sucks.

In most situations being the nice person gets you far. But not in life. Be nice and you'll get fucked. That's not to say don't be nice. Be nice. But within reason. I have seen people that have been nothing but amazing to the people around them, and those people just take it and think nothing of it. Not once thinking: "Hey, maybe it's my turn to be nice now".
Through this I have learnt that you can only be good to the people that deserve it and give goodness back. The rest, they come and go.

I'm not too sure if anything I said makes sense to you. But if it doesn't it's okay. I understand it.

C.

4 comments:

  1. Life should be free. But it's not... and that sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with what you've said. The real question behind it all is if it's worth it. I believe that we choose whether to make the most of what we're given or to sit and feel sorry for ourselves. We were never promised that life would be easy (even though school does shelter us to a certain extent) but at the same time the rewards we get from being with those we love or doing something we're passionate about tip the scales greatly in our favour.

    I had a similar question rattling my brain a while ago and my brief answer was such:

    http://caradaly.blogspot.com/2010/10/is-it-all-worth-it-in-end.html

    Life isn't fair. Reality is harsh. Ignorance is bliss. Nice guys finish last. These cliches are cheesy and yet loaded with such truth...

    I guess we just got to suck it up and smile, we only have once chance to show life what we're all about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback! I'll check otu your post fo sho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booyah my man.... we get paid to pay for shit we need in order to work.... IE: staying alive by eating stuff thats food, petrol, medical aid, so we can go to a hospital thats of good quality so that we can live, so that we can be alive.... to work... for clothing so that we can go to work looking "socially" correct.... man alive wtf.

    *realization*

    The thing is though, you need to aspire to get into the career that is your passion so its not so much work, its more living life.

    Not easy for MANY of human peoples, but ideal yeah?

    ReplyDelete