Monday, August 10, 2009

You Killed Music...


Tonight, the UJ fm Metal show is playing for the last time... What is happening?? Why is no one doing something to support LOCAL metal? I know I shouldn't really talk, because I'm not doing much, but I play in a band. So that is my priority. Once I get the time to start a radio show, or TV show, I'll get right onto it...

We all want ourselves and our friends in bands to make it, and follow their dreams, but we can't do it alone. Playing music isn't our full time job. We need to work at it. And it takes years. But if we work as a team of sorts, I think we can take over the world.
SA has bands that will smash most international "big bands". So why not take our smashing local bands abroad and show the world that we can do it just as good, if not better!
You're probably thinking, "Fuck you bro, you do it...". I'm doing my part. I'm playing and writing, I'm getting the idea into peoples heads. And hopefully one day, the right person will read one of my messages, and they'll contact me and say, "Hey dude, let's do this!". And I will...
If I could send all my favourite local bands overseas to do their things, I would in a heartbeat. But I can't. So for now, I'll just have to spread the idea.

I would really like to hear people's comments, and ideas too. And one day, we'll all be happy that one person took the last step to sending our amazing local acts overseas to show the world what we have. Hopefully I'll get the chance to be one of those bands. But if I'm not, at least I know, I was part of the journey and I had something to do with it.

Kisses.

4 comments:

  1. Yeh dude, totally with you one this.

    The local scene is a mess, organizers just doing it for themselves, lack of solid venues, band politics and egos. I honestly feel that the scene in gauteng is worse now than it was a year ago. The loss of tempos is massive, dahlia is a great venue but cant cater for that many people, i'm gonna miss all those festivals and all day shows.

    UJ losing the metal show is a pity luckily we still have tuksFMs metal mulsia show on thrusdays and barney simons "hard rock" mondays but that really isnt enough.

    It would be so awesome if MK dig a 1 hour metal show once a week. you know like an SA headbangers ball. So SA metal vids, interview local bands, promote shows, etc. Bands dont even need to record a video, just bring them in studio and record them playign live like a conan o brian setup. How fucking awesome would that be!!!

    but it'll never happen. sigh... I guess south africa will never really be ready for heavier music on radio and TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow im getting pumped, just to play to people and spread the message.

    thats actually a super awesome idea! a show on MK - where bands play live. Just gotta get well mixed sound for TV but that can be organised. i think we should pitch the idea to MK and hopefully show that there's enough people to want to watch it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Studio 1 is their 'live' outlet at the moment, Chase you beast.

    But I agree with everything everyones said. Got to keep smashing our heads against the collective banality boys! I'll see you all on the other side of the concussion.

    ReplyDelete