Friday, March 21, 2014

New Blog, Same Old Shit... But Not Really

Once again I find myself here. This thing we do on the internet where we hope people will come and read and maybe learn something about us.

I've been thinking about doing this whole blog thing again for quite some time. Since then I've moved into a new apartment, started another band, broke up with a member of my old band, got a new job, got a new voice and done some other things.

This week was the tipping point for me. As much as I love talking sometimes you just need a good ol' vent, be it good or bad. So sitting in front of my laptop frantically ticking away seemed like a good idea... also, it's helping me forget about the dishes I need to wash.


Why am I doing this? Well, I guess I'm feeling a bit confused with the world. It started last week when Bryan (the now ex-vocalist of my band Facing The Gallows) decided to quit. Fair enough. He was a big part of the band, the voice, the face and he has a personality to match. He also contributed a lot musically. Replacing a guitarist or any other instrumentalist is different because it's not as obvious as a vocalist. The voice is the first thing people hear.
I thought I was fine with his decision, but as the days go by I get a little more bummed, but at the same time I get fucking excited for new things. That is where my focus will lie. On the new. I'm over the bummedness now.


It may sound lame, but my band is a big thing in my life. It doesn't pay the bills, it doesn't entirely pay for my travels for tours, but the people I've met and the friends I've made have paid for that in my heart. I've worked with amazing people, I've seen my favourite bands, fuck, I even get to tour with one of them in May! I should be SO happy. But I have to work a 9-5. And as much as I'd like to be my own boss, I'm just not in that space. So I'll keep on the good fight. It's totally worth it. If there's one thing I could urge anyone to do it would be to learn to play an instrument, no matter how simple.


So let's be awesome, let's enjoy the shit out of everything we do.
I will write more. I don't know what about, but I shall do it. 

Get your butt out.

No comments:

Post a Comment