Monday, June 28, 2010

Too much of happiness!

Okay, once again, I have slacked. But what can you do? I can't pass up the opportunity to party... Would you?

The World Cup. Wow, what an experience. This is the happiest South Africa has been in a very long time. It just concerning to see what might happen when the World Cup leaves our shores. But that's another post all together.

I hit up the Indawo fan-park at St Stithians last night to watch Argentina vs Mexico. It was pretty awesome to say the least. Just Jinger were playing when we arrived, and I don't exactly love them, but it was awesome to see someone else other than the Parlotones for a change. Although, it would have been so fitting for them to play seeing as Germany assaulted England.
So anyway, we got in, it was rad, cool vibes, vuvuzelas blasting, people dancing. As I came to a stop at my desired stage viewing point, I looked to my right and saw two guys who were so fucken drunk they could hardly stand alone, but you could see they were having a party... The one guy was wearing an England football jersey, and he had his arm around another guy (who was even more drunk) wearing a Germany jersey. They were singing along to Just Jinger, so amped about Germany winning, and just having a partying like it was new year's eve or something.

They call it "the beautiful game". While I agree totally, it's even more beautiful seeing tow enemies (in most cases) arm in arm, having the time of their lives.

I'm at work, so I can't rant on too much, but I thought this was really cool. I wanted to party with the German and the English dude. SO if anyone likes to watch the football, Italy is out, so I need a new team to support. Or at least a team to party with.

Anyone keen?
C

No comments:

Post a Comment